24-Year-Old Man Killed After E-Cigarette Exploded In His Face

24-Year-Old Man Killed After E-Cigarette Exploded In His Face

A man has been killed after an e-cigarette exploded in his face.

William Brown, from Fort Worth in Texas, was using the device outside a vaping shop.

The 24-year-old's grandmother Alice Brown told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he was not a regular smoker.

She added he had only just purchased the device and was using it for the first time.

Shrapnel from the exploding vape pen peppered his skull and severed his left carotid artery on 27 January, the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said.

The artery is found in the neck and supplies blood to the brain, neck and face.

Mr Brown reportedly crawled from the car and collapsed on the pavement area.

His grandmother believes he was trying to get help.

The brand of e-cigarette involved is not clear.

A Florida man was killed in a similar incident in May 2018.

Tallmadge D'Elia of St Petersburg died when his exploding vape pen sent two fragments into his skull.

He also suffered burns to about 80% of his body.

The death was ruled an accident.

Sky News

(Excluding for the Headline, this article ("story") has not been edited by MiBiz News and is published from a web feed or sourced from the Internet.)