Bear Freed After Getting His Head Stuck In Milk Can - Minnesota
A bear has been freed after getting his head stuck in a milk can.
Firefighters were called to help after a conservation officer encountered the grizzly sight in Minnesota.
The young black male bear's head was stuck inside an old 10 gallon (38 litre) milk can.
At first, rescuers tried to use cooking oil to free the animal.
When that didn't work, they drilled three holes in the milk can so the panting bear could breathe.
Two hours later, firefighters used the "Jaws of Life" - a tool which is normally used to extricate car accident victims - and a spreader to pry the can off.
After being released, the seemingly healthy bear ran off into the woods.
(Excluding for the Headline, this article ("story") has not been edited by MiBiz News and is published from a web feed or sourced from the Internet.)