Man Suspected Of Helping Paris Terror Suspect Salah Abdeslam Released Under Supervision
The man suspected of helping Paris terror suspect Salah Abdeslam escape the French capital after the 2015 attacks has been released and placed under judicial supervision in Brussels.
Ali Oulkadi is believed to have driven Abdeslam - the suspected sole survivor - across the border into Belgium the day after the attacks.
The Paris prosecutors' office said on Tuesday that the conditions of Oulkadi's release back to the Belgian capital included regularly reporting to police and a curfew.
He is also banned from leaving the country, making contact with a list of individuals and possessing a weapon.
It comes after Abdeslam told investigators earlier this year that his friend knew nothing about the attacks.
Abdeslam, 28, is in solitary confinement in a French prison, awaiting trial for his alleged role in the killings.
A total of 130 people died in a series of coordinated suicide bombings and shootings at the Stade de France, the Bataclan concert hall and at bars and restaurants in Paris on the night of 13 November 2015.
Abdeslam's brother Brahim was among the suicide bombers.
Credit: sky news
(Excluding for the Headline, this article ("story") has not been edited by MiBiz News and is published from a web feed or sourced from the Internet.)